Jugnoo, a leading mobile app that offers the largest network of auto-rickshaws across India, announces its novel plans of reaching out to about 1000 villages in India over the next six months.
This development is in alignment with its recently announced strategy of expanding its auto-rickshaw network to 20,000 villages in 2016-17. The execution of this expansion plan will commence from small towns and rural areas in the southern part of the country.
Elaborating further on this approach of business expansion, Samar Singla, Founder and CEO, Jugnoo commented,
“This expansion is based on some profound facts, which are known to all, but are overlooked by most. We have some statistics to substantiate our stance. The metro cities comprise only 20% of the total auto-rickshaws in India, while the other 80% are spread out across the rest of India. Auto-rickshaws are comparatively a more popular mode of public transport in villages and small towns than in metros. Nonetheless, our expansion to villages will work in parallel to our expansion to the rest of the cities across India.”
Some of the prominent villages and towns targeted by Jugnoo are viz. Somayanur, Semmedu, Rasipalayam and Kurundampalayam in Coimbatore; Madagalli, Hampapura, Ramanahalli, Kenchanahalli, Alanahalli, Melahalli, Chaikkalli, Mahadevapura, Chikkanahalli, Haalanahalli, Pandavapura, Naganahalli, Kyathmarnhalli, Bhoothgalli, Saathgalli, Ranganahalli, Gejjagalli and Marase in Mysore; Shankarpally, Jogipet, Pudur, Gowdavalli, Dabilpur, Ghatkesar and Chevella in Hyderabad and Thripunithura, Angamalo, Angamali, Kureekkad, Chowwara in Kochi.
Jugnoo will not be expanding its team strength at present to support its extensive growth plans, rather the implementations will be supervised by its city managers for now.
It is working on a zero touch model to activate clusters and pilots are already in process for this. Furthering this initiative, it also plans to partner with the postal and railway departments of India to take connectivity to the grassroots. Adding to the good news is the fact that fares will be relatively lower in villages than in the metro cities.